Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Estate Disputes
- Business Disputes
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Regulatory Litigation
- Property disputes, including fences, trees and buildings
- Debt Recovery
- QCAT Minor Debt Claims ($25,000 or less)
- QLD Courts ($25,000 or more)
- For the Creditor – “I am owed money”
- For the Debtor – “I owe money”
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Leasing Disputes
- Resumptions & Acquisitions
Trusted Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyers on the Sunshine Coast
Argon Law is your trusted support in resolving legal disputes and navigating litigation on the Sunshine Coast. At Argon Law, our lawyers have supported our clients across the Sunshine Coast for over 10 years and are armed with a wealth of experience in litigation, mediation and resolving disputes.
Our Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Mediation Services
We have extensive experience handling legal disputes and offer litigation and dispute resolution services across a broad range of areas including:
- Business Disputes: Protect your business interests with our tailored solutions.
- Complex Commercial Litigation: We navigate intricate commercial matters with precision.
- Corporate and Regulatory Litigation: Ensure compliance and safeguard your corporate interests.
- Debt recovery (QCAT): Swiftly recover outstanding debts with our legal expertise.
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution: Find amicable solutions tailored to your needs.
- Property Disputes: Resolve issues concerning fences, trees, buildings and more.
- Leasing Disputes: Protect your rights as a landlord or tenant.
- Wills and Estate Litigation: Safeguard your family's future with trusted legal guidance.
- Resumptions & Acquisitions: Do you have concerns about the possibility of your land or property being acquired by a government department or council?
Tailored Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Mediation Strategies
At Argon Law we are committed to delivering effective and strategic solutions customised to your specific legal requirements. Our lawyers embrace a versatile approach to dispute resolution, utilising various techniques including negotiation, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution methods.
Why should you choose Argon Law to assist you with your Legal Dispute?
We're committed to delivering effective and strategic solutions tailored to your unique legal needs. When you choose Argon Law for your legal dispute, you benefit from:
- Local Expertise: Our in-depth knowledge of the Sunshine Coast legal landscape.
- Proven Success: A track record of successfully resolved cases.
- Collaborative Approach: We work closely with you to achieve optimal results.
- Diverse Techniques: Utilising negotiation, mediation, and more to find the best solution.
Contact Argon Law today and let us help you navigate the complexities of litigation and dispute resolution. While based in Maroochydore, we service businesses and clients across the Sunshine Coast and we invite you to discuss your unique situation with our experienced team of lawyers.
As a business owner you may be faced with dealing with disputes between co-owners, shareholders, franchisees, customers or suppliers. At Argon Law, we firmly believe that businesses should concentrate on their core function, that of running a successful and profitable business. Our skilled team are ready to assist you with complex business disputes, ranging from contractual matters to franchise disputes, customer and supply-related issues and shareholder disputes.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Individuals and businesses are regularly faced with a wide variety of complex commercial disputes, ranging from disputes over ownership, equity, management, control, contracts and insolvency. Our experienced team are ready to assist you in these complex commercial, business and financial disputes.
Corporate and Regulatory Litigation
Property disputes, including fences, trees and buildings
Many property owners will, at some stage, be faced with disputes relating to fences and trees. Whether it by a neighbour arbitrarily lopping a tree, a fence caving in between two properties or access being denied to utility infrastructure on common property, our professional team at Argon Law have dealt with many property disputes. Let us help you resolve your property dispute today. These disputes can be resolved by way of proceedings in QCAT, the Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management (BCCM) and the various Courts.
Debtors are an unfortunate part of running a business. You can end up spending a significant amount of time trying to recover the debt yourself, when that time could have been better spent making money! It often makes sense to hire a debt collection lawyer or a debt collection agency. So, which should you use?
- It is important to understand that debt collection agencies often charge on a commission basis and this can work on a sliding scale depending on the amount of debt. This can end up being a signficant cost if the debt is recovered.
- While debt collectors can use a variety of techniques to contact the debtor, including letters, emails and phone calls, often correspondence coming from a lawyer can carry more weight than a debt collection agency.
- A lawyer also has more options available for debt recovery, including commencing legal action if the payment is not made.
We will explain your options and advise you on the best course of action to assist in recovering your debts.
In the case of small claims through the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT), we can assist you in being your own advocate, providing tips on how to prepare and present your argument to increase your chances of a favourable result.
QCAT Minor Debt Claims ($25,000 or less)
The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) presents a simplified and cost effective mechanism for the recovery of debt. Although legal representation is only allowed in exceptional circumstances and by way of application, our team at Argon Law can assist you in preparing and lodging the claim documents as well as compiling the necessary evidence to prove your claim. Speak to us today about your QCAT application.
QLD Courts ($25,000 or more)
For the Creditor – “I am owed money”
- Time limits applicable to enforcing your claim
- The best channel to enforce my claim – which tribunal or court: QCAT, Magistrate, District or Supreme Court?
- Helping you (the enforcement creditor) to recover the judgement debt – enforcement warrants
- Seizure and sale of property, emoluments enforcement warrants, petitioning for the bankruptcy of the debtor
For the Debtor – “I owe money”
- If you receive a demand for payment of a debt it should not be ignored
- Do not make payments to debts older than six years or acknowledge these debts in writing prior to seeking legal advice
- Negotiating down payments on your behalf that are affordable, suiting your financial situaton
- Disputing claimed amounts
- Acting swiftly once a letter of demand is received can curb interest and unnecessary legal costs - court proceeding can be time consuming and expensive
- Maintaining a good credit record and limiting harassment by debt collectors
- Once legal proceedings have commenced strict formal procedures and timelines apply - it is advisable to urgently seek legal advice
Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Most disputes can be resolved without proceeding to Court. At Argon Law, we provide our clients with the full scope of possible remedies available, including mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Various laws and statutes require that self-resolution, mediation and ADR be attempted before formal proceeding in commissions, tribunals and Courts are instituted.
Leasing disputes are a very common occurrence. Who is at fault? What are my rights? Can I be evicted? What will happen to my business and belongings? These are just a few questions asked by people when faced with commercial leasing disputes. Let us assure you of your rights and obligations. Our solicitors have great experience in both commercial and residential leasing and tenancy disputes on the Sunshine Coast.
Resumptions & Acquisitions
Do you have concerns about the possibility of your land or property being acquired by a government department or council?
In Queensland, the government has the power to resume land for public purposes, such as for building roads, railways or schools, and this process is known as land resumption. If your land is being resumed, you have the right to be compensated fairly for your loss.
The amount of compensation that is paid for compulsory acquisition is determined by a number of factors, including the market value of the land, the purpose for which it is being acquired, and the availability of alternative land. As a landowner, your legal and valuation expenses are typically covered by the resuming authority, so it makes sense to engage a legal advisor as soon as possible and without hesitation. You don't have to live with uncertainty about your future.